Monday, December 1, 2008

A post about Mom

Mom in 1971

My mother has cancer at age 54. She has been a light in my life so much, it is so hard to talk about her because there is no words that can explain what she has done for me. But I want her legacy to live on, I hope that I can live close to the way that she has lived and is still living her life. Through out her life she has always been the type of person that would give what ever she has to help someone, people have always told me that no matter when or were they see her she always has a smile on her face, and they say just seeing her brings a light to their life. It's the same for me, always encouraging me. One of my favorite memories that has always stayed with me, is the way she used to wake me and my brother up every morning, she would sing "Its time to wake up Brent and Cheyne, its time to wake up." And she would always have a warm breakfast ready for us. She never has wanted much in her life, materially, she spends most of her time at her farm in Winslow, watching and tending to her chickens, growing amazing flowers and tasty vegetables, and enjoying a peaceful life among the trees and wildlife. I am so sad that she is having to go through cancer and the treatments that are making hard for her to function like she wants to,but she is so positive about everything (her nickname is Pollyanna) even about the cancer. Most of the time I have to make her let me help her, she never wants to put anyone out. Mom, I wish I had the words to explain the love that I have for you and how many ways you have impacted my life, I know that a thank you is not enough, hopefully the life that I lead will be a pointer to who you are and what you have done. I love you so much.

1 comments:

Candice Houston said...

Your mom is truly an amazing woman. She is among my heroes and greatest influences on earth.