Wednesday, December 17, 2008

LOVE

Love, what a wonderful, hard, blessed, difficult, gratifying thing. It is so hard to live in and fulfill with in our lives, its that one thing that keeps us from being the people that we truly are, its the one law that Jesus said would set us free. Its the one thing that I believe is going to save the world but still it is the one thing that I can't seem to keep in focus all of the time. LOVE. It seems so easy to say but how many of us truly live it out within all of our relationships, LOVE, the Beatles say its easy, and its all you need, I agree on the latter but the former has me thinking. I feel that when I focus on my self (which seems to come real easy, maybe because of how I was raised, I don't know) the LOVING part becomes something that I really have to struggle to choose, but as soon as I do, I'll have to say the Beatles have it right, its easy. Its natural, and that's why I know its how we are made to be. Another one of my favorite music groups "Noah and the Whale", has a line in one of their songs "Peaceful" it goes like this;" if you don't believe in God, then how can you believe in LOVE, because if we are all just matter, that will one day scatter, when the world lays us down". I think that what they are trying to say is that LOVE is real, and if LOVE is real, than God has to be real as well. Well I would like to end on the immortal words of Lennon/McCartney, "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE; LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, its easy, all you need is LOVE, LOVE is all you need, LOVE is all you need."

1 comments:

Candice Houston said...

Agreed....and on that note, I LOVE you!
and Noah and the Whale